Bonnie's Bakers

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Copy Cake

JD calls Coffee Cake, Copy Cake.  I hate to correct him when he hears things wrong, he comes up with some funny stuff. 
Matt and I went to visit his Grandparents in Texas when I was pregnant with Kyle and she made this for us.  I loved it so I got her recipe.
Batter:
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup shortening
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons flour
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped nuts
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Mix sugar, shorting and egg good.
Add baking powder and salt to egg mixture.  Then add alternately the flour and milk.  Mix very well.  Spread half of batter in greased 9x9 pan.  Mix topping ingredients together and spread half of topping over half of batter in pan and circle in with a fork.  Repeat with batter and topping.  Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment