Bonnie's Bakers

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sugar Cookies and Cream Cheese Frosting

These cookies are so soft and delicious.  I have said I am for sure not a cookie maker but these are super easy I didn't even mess them up.  I made them the first time for Kyle's Valentine's Day Party then I made them again with Lego candies on them for his birthday.
 


Cream together:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup oil
1 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
Add:
5 cups flour
1 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
Mix all ingredients well. Roll into golf size balls and roll in some granulated sugar. Flatten with your fingers just until there is some resistance.  Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Bake until just starting to crack. Don't let them get brown. Cool and frost with frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 block cream cheese
1 stick butter
lots of powdered sugar
vanilla flavoring


Cream together the cream cheese and butter. Whip it for a little while. Add powdered sugar and some vanilla flavoring until it tastes the way you like it. I usually do about 2 tsp vanilla and half a bag of powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment