Bonnie's Bakers

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Chicken Enchilada Bake

Matt is not a big chicken lover, but there is a few chicken dishes I can get him to eat and this is one. It is pretty good I think.
4 1/2 cups cooked chicken (cut up)
2 cans (14 oz) green enchilada sauce
1 1/4 cups sour cream
9 corn tortillas (torn up)
4 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese

In a bowl combine chicken, 1 can enchilada sauce, sour cream and most of cheese. In a greased 9x13 inch pan layer tortillas, then half of chicken mixture. Add some more cheese and open the other can of enchilada sauce and pour some over the cheese, don't over due the extra enchilada sauce. Repeat layers. Top with more sauce and more cheese. Cover and bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes.

I like making this because it is so easy. I never measure the ingredients just throw it together. I love a ton of cheese so I am sure I use more than four cups and I doubt I use all that chicken. I always make this on a day that I can put it together in the morning and just pull it out of the fridge in the evening and have dinner done.
If I am in a hurry and don't have any chicken cooked I will stop by the store and just pick up a cold rotisserie chicken and use it. This is seriously one of the easiest dinners I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment