Bonnie's Bakers

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Beef Carnitas

This is one of my most favorite meals, and it is so easy! When we order our meat they always look at me funny when I tell them I don't want very many roasts just make them in to stew meat.
2 lbs. lean beef stew meat
1 cup mild salsa
2 Tablespoons chopped chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 can beef broth

Combine all ingredients in a large slow cooker cover and cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve on warm flour tortillas with avocados, salsa, cheese and sour cream.
I make Mrs Vigil's tortillas with these. (in the bread section)
2 lbs of stew meat will feed my little family with just a little left over so you might want to do it with 3lbs or more if you have a bigger family. You can get the chipotle chili peppers and just get a few out then you can freeze the rest for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment