Bonnie's Bakers

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Cherry Chocolates

Last year I went to Aunt Karma's and we made these and I wanted to try to do it this year. I thought it would be fun and not take to long. I found out it is a lot funner to do with someone else. These are very good but they take time. I used one of Grandma's fondant recipes, there is a page in the cook book that has four different ones she used number 4. I had a hard time finding big jars of cherries so if you plan on making these I think it is better to get the cherries not so close to Christmas. I also had a hard time finding chocolate to melt so I ended up using Almond Bark.
Fondant:
3 lbs powdered sugar
1 can Eagle Brand Milk
2 cubes butter (softened)
vanilla
Mix all together until it is a smooth ball. Then form into desired pieces.

Wrap the cherries with a small piece of fondant then dip in melted chocolate then let cool on wax paper. I move the cherries to a gift box lined with paper towel. Keep in a cool place to let age. I don't know how long they need to age for, I guess until the fondant starts to turn liquid.
This makes a whole bunch. When I made them I got about 175. Mom, Aunt Karma, and Robyn made them and got about 150.

No comments:

Post a Comment