Bonnie's Bakers

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cherry Braid

I make this every year for Christmas morning.  It is one of Matt's mom's recipes.  I made it a few days ago for a little breakfast we went too.

I use the the bread recipe that I use for everything else.  It makes enough for two loaves.  Then I let it rise.  When it has risen I take half of the dough and roll it out to about a quarter inch oval.

1 can Cherry Pie Filling
1 (8 oz) Cream Cheese (softened)
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Mix the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth then all the pie filling until it is all well mixed.  Pour half the mixture down the center of the dough and leave about three or four inches on the sides.  Use a pizza cutter to cut strips up and down both sides then braid the dough.  Seal the ends.  I usually have to cut some dough off the end so there is not to much on the ends.

Pour some icing over the top.

A little butter
A little milk
and Powder sugar

Mix together until the right taste and consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment