Bonnie's Bakers

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Swirl Bread/Stuffed French Toast

I love to make Swirl Bread.  I haven't made it for a while so when I made the cherry braid I used half the dough and cream cheese mixture to make this.  Some times I use cinnamon and sugar too. 
 The Swirl Bread is good just plain but it is wonderful and Stuffed French Toast.

I use half the dough from the the cherry braid and roll it out next to a bread pan so I don't make it to long.  You can roll it out and much the other way as you want but I would let it be kind of thick it is easier to roll and bakes a little easier.  When it is all rolled out spread half the cream cheese mixture from the Cherry Braid on it which is:
1 can Cherry Pie Filling
1 (8oz) cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Mixed together.  You can also use:
Cinnamon and Sugar
Cream Cheese
Mixed together.  Both are so good.
When it is all spread out roll up the dough and put seam side down in the greased bread pan.  Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.  You will need to kinda check it and make sure it is baked all the way through.

If it is not all gone in the next day or two make Stuffed French Toast out of it.  Just like you always make your French Toast.  It comes apart very easy so just squish it back together and by the time it is cooked it is back together again.  Sprinkle with powder sugar and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment