Bonnie's Bakers

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fresh Peach Pie


This is my friend Jana's pie recipe.  I tried it a few years ago and love making it every time I have fresh peaches.  I am sure you can make it with canned ones too but I never have.  It really is so easy to make and unbelievably delicious!

9" baked pie shell, cooled I just got one at the Wal-Marts because I wanted it right NOW.
5-6 large peaches
1 cup sugar
3 heaping tablespoons corn starch
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Take 3 large peaches and wash and peel them. Slice peaches into the bottom of your pie crust.
Next, mash 2-3 peaches, depending on size. I usually mash 3 medium sized peaches.
Add the sugar, corn starch & water...you need heaping tablespoons of the corn starch like this:  I am even using her pictures.  Thanks Jana!
 Then mix it all together. It will look like this when your done.
Thicken in the microwave. Mine usually takes 6 minutes all-together. Make sure you stir it after every 2 minutes. You will know when it is ready because it turns from a watery milky-looking mess to a beautiful translucent pie filling!
Now add the butter and almond extract. Do not skip the almond.
Pour the thicken pie filling over the cut up peaches.
Refrigerate until set & cooled. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment